SOOFaith School Of Ministry/Leadership Doctor of Theology Degree (Th.D)
Total Hours 33
Theology is the study of God: therefore, this program of study will provide a strong foundation of theology and help prepare the student for Christian ministry as a Bible teacher, preacher, missionary, and various other public and personal ministry roles. Anyone called to ministry, regardless of their calling, should possess an intense knowledge of New Testament ministry and a deeper conviction and commitment to his /her own personal call to ministry. Upon completion of the program the student should demonstrate a greater understanding of God, a methodology for bible study and interpretation, and the ability to effectively use the word of God in Christian ministry.
In order to graduate with a doctor of theology Degree (Th.D), the student must have satisfactorily completed the following requirements:
- Pre-requisite: Master’s Degree in related or approved field
- Minimum of 33 credits for program completion
- Minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- All financial obligations settled with SOO Faith School of Ministry/Leadership
- Recommendation by the facility for graduation upon application.
Ministry experience is considered on. A case-by-case basis. We typically look for at least 3 years of significant ministry experience in church or para-church settings. Significant part-time, full-time, paid or unpaid ministry leadership experience may all be considered in the assessment of ministry experience.
The following courses of study are required :
- Apologetics 1 & 2
- Hermeneutics 1 & 2
- New Testament Greek 1 & 2
- Critical Issues in Ministry - (todays church and reaching the lost)
- The Pastor’s Spirit
- New Testament Exegesis 1 & 2
- Real Life Ministry Situation (Difficulty in The Church)
Biblical Theology Classes:
- The Doctrine of God
Systemic Theology Classes
- Doctrine of The Word of God
- Doctrine of The Church
Doctoral Dissertation - minimum of 100 pages- include foot notes, 15 reference materials- Extra cost will be for binding of Dissertation.
Tuition: Contact Office